Musiad USA Internship Program
The Independent Industrialists’ and Businessmen’s Association (MUSIAD) Washington Office is seeking a recent graduate for a full-time internship position.
Founded in 1990, MUSIAD-‐Independent Industrialists’ and Businessmen’s Association is an independent, non-‐political, non-‐profit businessmen’s association through its 7000 members representing more than 35.000 companies. MUSIAD reaches its members and businessmen through its 66 branch offices in Turkey as well as 143 control points in 60 countries all over the world.
The intern program at Musiad USA is a semester-long, volunteer program in which undergraduate, graduate, and recently graduated students gain knowledge and experience in conducting Turkey and U.S. trade policy. Assignments may include research, analysis, statistics, and coordination of briefing books, report preparation, meeting and conference planning, letter writing, and covering meetings, hearings, and/or legislative markup sessions.
The following are the application time frames and deadlines for each internship term:
- Spring internships (January – April) – November 15th
- Summer internships (May – August) – March 15th
- Fall internships (September – December) – August 1st
Due to the fact that this is a volunteer program, Musiad USA does not provide stipends. No assistance with housing or other relocation expenses are available. However, we can provide a transportation subsidy to cover local commuting costs to and from the DC work location.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in International Trade, Economics, International Relations or related field with superior academic achievement
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including proofreading and editing ability
- Fluency in English and Turkish preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours and independently, sometimes under tight deadline
- Event planning experience strongly preferred
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.Please include “Internship” in the subject of your email.